1. Introduce yourself in a few words for those who don’t know you.
Hi, I’m Iroquois Pliskin, and that isn’t my real name. But if you are a Metal Gear nerd you already know that. I like happy vibes and moody B&W photography. 🤣
2. What is your first memory related to the horror genre (literature, cinema or video games ) ?
Oh, it was a book. When I was a child I had this «choose your own adventure» book about the Bermuda Triangle… Plenty of VERY dark outcomes and just a few «good» endings. It was scary AF.
3. What is your favorite horror video game ?
The first Silent Hill, hands down. The music, the thick fog, the portable radio that warns you about unknown horrors you are yet to meet… it’s just genius.
4. Is this the game that scared you the most ?
Probably not: that honor goes to the first Dead Space. I played it with a good home cinema setup, always alone, late at night. It took me months to finish ‘cause it was so tense that I only played like once a week lol
5. Who is the scariest video game character in your opinion ?
Maybe not the scariest, but I loved GLaDOS in the first Portal. People say it’s a puzzle game, but for me it’s an amazing, slow burn horror story.
6. The last game that marked you (not necessarily related to horror) ?
Death Stranding. It’s far from perfect, but a masterpiece nonetheless… if that makes any sense. I love the optimistic undertone message, one of love and cooperation. At the same time I love the solitude you can feel while playing it.
7. Which scene in a video game scared you or disgusted you the most ?
Uh, the mall chapter in «Condemned: Criminal Origins». Man I love that game so much. To whoever is reading, go play it if you have a chance!
8. What are you really afraid of ?
Bugs. Do you remember that scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? I’d rather die than to be there 🤣
9. What are the 3 VPs that you recommend to others and why ?
Off the top of my head, I should say @soulsurrender , @Chy_Visual_Arts and @anteriorlobe . Nothing to do with their VP prowess: they’re just good persons, and that’s the more important thing. I could probably name 100 more good people from the VP community but you capped me at only 3 so…
10. Do you prefer a candlelit meal with Hannibal Lecter or play hide and seek with Michael Myers ?
Oh, a dinner with Dr. Lecter, of course!!! I love «haute cuisine», and he also has excellent musical taste. Fun fact: I started to be interested in classic piano after reading him loving Bach’s «Goldberg Variations» in one of the Silence of the Lambs’ books. 🤣
Hey don’t worry, I’m not a psychopath. Probably.